Last updated: June 08, 2015
This Website is provided by Veterinary Business Development Ltd, whose registered office address is:
Veterinary Business Development Limited, 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.
And whose company number is: 2185105 (England).
And whose VAT number is GB 472 9241 34.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z7050044.
VBD is committed to responsible management of consumer and personal data, and to respecting Your privacy.
This statement sets out how We comply with European Union data protection requirements. It applies to this Website and its subdomains only – it does not cover other websites to which We may provide links.
Section 1: Background
They set out the terms of a legally binding agreement between You and Veterinary Business Development Ltd.
If You have any questions about this policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your continued Use of the Website confirms Your acceptance of this policy, and Our general Terms and Conditions.
- “VBD” means Veterinary Business Development Ltd, whose registered office is at Veterinary Business Development Ltd, 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V 4PW, and any subsidiary from time to time of Veterinary Business Development Ltd also referred to as “We”, “Us” and “Our”.
- “You” means any, and all casual surfers, regular visitors, members, forum posters, bloggers and advertisers using the site for banners, who land upon the site by choice or mistake.
- “Websites” means the websites, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) and WAP sites (including their constituent pages) published by Veterinary Business Development Ltd; and any other Website, WAP site, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) site, or web address owned or operated by a member of Veterinary Business Development Ltd as may link to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- “Contributions” means any unsolicited material, including (but not limited to) verbal, email, video, letters, texts, digital photographs or other images.
Accessing our site
- You can visit Our Website without identifying Yourself or revealing any personal information. You do not have to provide personal information to Use the Site.
- We undertake to continuously monitor Our management of the use and security of consumer information to uphold Your legal rights.
Collecting Your personal information
- VBD will not collect, store or process any personal information about You unless You provide it to voluntarily, and with implied or explicit consent.
- From time to time VBD may ask for and / or, You may choose to submit personal data to VBD (including Your email address and contact details) by filling out a feedback form, or signing up to Our mailing list or otherwise by telling VBD about Yourself or Your activities. We require this information in order to understand Your needs and to provide You with a better service. We will also Use it to send You any information You have requested about future offers, events and new products or related activities that You may find Useful; and for operational, identification, marketing, administrative, advertising and promotional purposes of these, but only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not bombard You with emails, but We would like to keep You informed of the developments of VBD.
- We may also contact You for market research purposes or to give You information about new features on the Website. You will only be contacted if You have previously consented for Us to do so.
- We will never collect sensitive information about You without Your explicit consent. An example of sensitive information would be Your religion or a medical condition.
- If You do not want VBD to collect Your personal data, or sensitive data, please do not submit it, and do not consent to Us Using it, when given the opportunity to choose.
- You undertake that all information that You provide is accurate and current.
- If You are a new customer, We will give You the choice (for example once You have registered Your interest) whether or not You want Us or other relevant and reputable companies to contact You. It is Your responsibility to consider Your decision carefully, before making a decision, and to take legal advice if You are unsure what to do.
- If You choose to register via a Social Network, You acknowledge and consent for Your data held by the Social Network Site (subject to the Social Network’s Terms and Conditions) to be processed and shared via a third party whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area and for such data to be processed by Us. The data obtained during the Social Network Registration may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
Storing Your personal information
- Once collected, Your personal information (data) will be held within the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- Personal information relating to subscriptions for our newsletter, and to single, unique mailshots, is retained by The Rocket Science Group (Mailchimp), who are based in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Their data protection procedures comply with State and Federal United States legislation and international protocols and regulations. For more information contact MailChimp, 512 Means St, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318 USA (email email@example.com).
- As required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, VBD follow strict security procedures in relation to the storage, to prevent unauthorised access or Use of such data.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online. All employees who have access to Your personal data are contractually obliged to respect Your confidentiality. We have put in place technology measures and security policies and procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, improper Use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
- In the event, however, that VBD or its officers or employees are required to undertake any act under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act or similar legislation by appropriate authorities, VBD or such person may be legally obliged to do so without informing You.
Disclosing Your personal information
- We will only disclose Your personal data to third parties except insofar as You have consented to such disclosure, or We are required to do so by law.
- Your personal information will only be Used for the specific purpose for which it was sought and to which You consented. It will not be Used for any other purpose whatsoever.
- Your personal data may be disclosed to other companies within the Veterinary Business Develop Ltd, subject to Your consent.
If You do not wish Your personal data to be disclosed in this manner, You should make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If We have or You believe that We have data about You that is incorrect or You wish Your data to be deleted or amended for any reason, or wish to withdraw Your consent for Us to retain it, please email VBD at the address below and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from Our database as You request.
- If You are unhappy with Our response in 4 above, You can ask the Information Commissioner to assess whether the requirements of the Data Protection Act have been met. Write to The Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Seeing the information We hold about You
- Details of the data We hold on You will be provided on request although We reserve the right to charge the relevant statutory disclosure fee (currently £10). Any request of this nature should be directed to the e-mail address shown at the bottom of this notice.
Or write to Veterinary Business Development Limited, Olympus House, Werrington Centre, Peterborough, PE4 6NA.