Terms and Conditions
Last updated: June 5, 2015
This Website is provided by Veterinary Business Development Ltd, whose registered office address is:
Veterinary Business Development Limited, 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V 4PW
And whose company number is: 2185105 (England).
And whose VAT number is GB 472 9241 34
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z7050044
Section 1: Introduction
- vetsonline.com is to be used solely for private, non-commercial, personal purposes only. Accordingly, you undertake not to:
- Use vetsonline.com for any commercial or business purpose;
- Include contact details intended to facilitate communication of any sort (email address, postal address, phone number, web address etc.) in your initial posting on vetsonline.com. This material can be shared once direct contact has been made using Subscription purchased;
- Use your access to vetsonline.com, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email.
- We strongly recommend that You read these Terms and Conditions carefully and in their entirety and print and save a copy of them for Your records. They set out the terms of a legally binding agreement between You and Veterinary Business Development Ltd, and all subdomains and microsites owned or operated by Us – namely: www.vetsonline.com, www.vettimesjobs.co.uk (also known as jobs.vettimes.co.uk), recruiters.vettimes.co.uk, blogs.vetsonline.com and www.vbd.co.uk.
- If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all Users of this Website, whichever platform or device used to access it. They apply to regular and casual visitors, members, forum posters, bloggers and advertisers using the site for banners etc.
- If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- If You do not accept these Terms and Conditions, or are not authorised to do so on behalf of Your business or work, You should immediately stop using this Website and cancel any subscriptions or memberships associated with it. Your continued use of the Website confirms Your acceptance of these terms.
- If You use this Website in the course of Your business or work, You are also agreeing to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of that business.
- Vetsonline is engaged in the business of providing an online news, sales and information service or tool and is engaged in the transmission, storage, retrieval, hosting, formatting or translation of communications. You agree and accept that VBD has taken reasonable responsibility to generally review the apparent content of any submissions, articles, advertisements, or services all of which are made available on that basis.
- The views expressed in any articles are the views of the individual contributors and not those of VBD unless specified otherwise by VBD. In particular, but without limitation to the above, VBD is not responsible for, and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any submissions.
- VBD gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within any submissions or the VBD Services and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material.
Section 2: Definitions
- “VBD” means Veterinary Business Development Ltd, whose registered office is at Veterinary Business Development Ltd, 145-157 St. John Street, London, EC1V 4PW, and any subsidiary from time to time of Veterinary Business Development Ltd also referred to as “We”, “Us” and “Our”.
- “You” means any, and all casual surfers, regular visitors, members, forum posters, bloggers and advertisers using the site for banners, who land upon the site by choice or mistake.
- “Websites” means the websites, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) and WAP sites (including their constituent pages) published by Veterinary Business Development Ltd; and any other Website, WAP site, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) site, or web address owned or operated by a member of Veterinary Business Development Ltd as may link to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- “Contributions” means any unsolicited material, including (but not limited to) verbal, email, video, letters, texts, digital photographs or other images.
Section 3: Changes to These Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to make changes to any part of this Website, including to these Terms and Conditions. If We change these Terms and Conditions, We will update the date above. If We make substantive changes, We will also place a button named Revised Terms and Conditions on every page of the site.
- It is Your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions for updates and changes from time to time.
- If You use any part of the Website after We have published such changes, You will be agreeing to be bound to those changes.
- If You do not agree to be bound by the changes then You should immediately stop using the Website and cancel any memberships or subscriptions associated with it.
Section 4: Termination
- These Terms and Conditions are effective until terminated by either You or by Veterinary Business Development Ltd. You may terminate these terms at any time by destroying all materials obtained from Veterinary Business Development Ltd site and any related documentation and all installations or copies of these, howsoever made.
- These Terms and Conditions will immediately terminate, without notice if in the sole discretion of Veterinary Business Development Ltd You do not comply with any provision within them. Upon Termination, You must destroy all materials obtained from the Veterinary Business Development Ltd site and all related documentation and all installations or copies of these, however made.
- VBD shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of vetsonline.com upon your breach of any part of these Terms.
- Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party.
Section 5: Access and Use
- The content of the pages of this Website is for Your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither We nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this Website is entirely at Your own risk, for which We shall not be liable. It shall be Your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Website meet Your specific requirements.
- This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, fonts and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the Copyright notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the Website.
- Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and / or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for Your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that We endorse these Website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked Website(s) and any breaches of criminal or civil laws or codes of practice that may be contained within them.
- This Website is made available on the basis that We are excluded, to the extent permitted by law, from any terms implied by statute or otherwise and all liability for any loss or damage however it arises out of the use of this Website or reliance on its content.
- We will not be liable to You for any interruption or delay that You experience in accessing the Website, whatever the cause.
- No metatags, hyperlinks or other forms of linkage whatsoever to any other Website may be imposed on the Website unless express prior permission has been given by Veterinary Business Development Ltd.
- Access to particular areas of the Website, for example, the dating service and competitions may be subject to additional Terms and Conditions to which You confirm Your acceptance by entering these particular areas. If You do not accept those terms then You should immediately stop using those pages.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be available, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected or that the content or the server(s) are available free of viruses or bugs.
- If you are a registered user or subscriber, you are not permitted to share your user name and password with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use. Sharing a password means a copy of our content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorised to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our Terms and Conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage to detect password sharing.
- You use vetsonline.com at entirely your own risk. It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. VBD has no way of telling if statements made by other visitors are true. This is a decision that can only be made at your discretion.
Section 6: Jurisdiction
- Your use of this Website, these Terms and Conditions and any matters arising are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, save as specifically provided otherwise. This Website is targeted only at, and goods and services are only available to, UK residents. Those who choose to access any Veterinary Business Development Ltd material from any other location do so on their own initiative and are responsible for determining the usability and legality of the materials on the site.
- Users also consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the Personal Data to/in countries outside the European Economic Area in connection with the processing mentioned above.
- Users’ Personal Data may therefore be processed in countries where the rights and benefits conferred on data subjects may not be as favourable as in the UK and the European Union.
- Users who would prefer not to have their Personal Data transferred in this way should make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message to the publisher: email@example.com
Section 7: Veterinary Business Development Ltd’s Responsibilities
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd shall endeavour at all times to take responsible steps to ensure that there are no breaches of security on the web site.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd accepts no liability or responsibility for any error, omission, technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, made on the Website either by itself or any of its Users.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd accepts no liability as representatives of any advertising or services offered by Users on the Website.
- No advertisement or service offered on the Website constitutes any legal offer or part thereof or contract. Veterinary Business Development Ltd makes no warranty or representation that the items advertised for sales via the Website are offered free of encumbrances charge or other unexpired right in the terms, or that such advertising is a statement or representation of fact.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd reserves the right without notice to You, to remove any material from the Website or to suspend or alter the operation of the Website or any of the services contained therein at its sole discretion or for legal or technical reasons. Veterinary Business Development Ltd will endeavour as far as possible to give You as much notice as possible and if able.
- Whilst Veterinary Business Development Ltd shall commit to providing You with as much accurate and truthful material as possible in the Website, You should not rely upon any such opinion or recommendation by Veterinary Business Development Ltd of the goods and services available and professional advice should be sought before purchasing any item on the web site or before entering into any legally binding agreement.
Section 8: Copyright
- All information incorporated within this web site is © of Veterinary Business Development Ltd 2014.
- This web site has been created for and on behalf of Veterinary Business Development Ltd. Unauthorised use of Veterinary Business Development Ltd trademarks, trade names and logos is prohibited. These works are protected by the copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- The content is also protected by trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. We own and retain all rights in the content and the Website and the Services.
- We hereby grant You a limited, revocable, non-sub licensable licence to display the content (excluding any software code) solely for Your personal, non-commercial use in connection with viewing the Website and using the services.
- No person other than the rightful owner or licensee of such Intellectual Property Rights may:
- hack, attempt to hack, distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use any or all of the VBD services or the information contained therein for any purpose other than as set out above nor for public or commercial purposes without VBD’s or the relevant licensee’s prior written permission;
- provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to the VBD services without VBD’s or the relevant licensee’s prior written permission;
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the VBD services and the information contained therein for the benefit of any other website without VBD’s or the relevant licensee’s prior written permission;
- process or otherwise use the information contained on or within the VBD services for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly.
- The Website and the Services contain content owned by Users and other licensors (“Third Party Content”). Except for content posted by You, You may not, unless specifically authorised by Us in writing, copy, modify, translate, publish, reproduce, commercially exploit, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any content appearing on or through the Website or the Services.
- You must not use it for reproduction on any other Website, or in any way for commercial purposes or gain not listed below (where a separate licence is required) unless You first obtain Our written consent.
- You may retrieve and display content from the Website or the Services on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper, photocopy and store such pages in electronic form on disc (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for Your personal non-commercial use and You may draw the attention of others within Your organisation to material posted on Our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials You have printed off or downloaded in any way, and You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on Our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or Our licensors.
- The following systematic creation and/or use of links to this Website require a separate licence:
- Utilising links to this Website received as part of a paid-for media monitoring service; and/or
- Systematically forwarding links to this Website within a business or outside a business for business purposes; and/or
- Copying or extracting data from this Website by means of robots, spiders, crawlers or other automatic devices or by any manual process used to systematically extract or copy web content.Please contact the Our Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries relating to copyright.
Section 9: Services
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd shall be entitled at any anytime to make changes to the services offered by this Website, without prior notification to the user in order to satisfy any security or statutory requirements and shall at all times determine the manner in which the services are provided.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd will not be responsible for any failure to provide the services, or unavailability of the site as a result of any circumstances that are beyond its control and the user understands that all fees will still be payable in these circumstances.
- From time to time We may provide additional services for You to download. However, the download time may vary considerably between the types of content and You agree that You are wholly liable and responsible for any telephone call and/or other charges incurred in downloading the same.
Section 10: Registration
- You must be 18 to register on any part of this site and will be required to confirm your age when you first register.
- Where any part of the Website requires that You register in order to use it, You are obliged to provide truthful, accurate and complete registration information.
- You will be asked to provide your full name, email address and one, or preferably two telephone numbers when you register.
- You will be asked to tick a Consent box at the point of registration. By ticking it, you are actively accepting that you have read these Terms and Conditions thoroughly, understand them, and agree to be bound by them to the full extent of the law.
- It is Your responsibility to update and maintain any changes to that information (including Your email address) by altering Your details as appropriate.
- Registration is at Your own risk and We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions or communications made using Your user name or password.
- You are responsible for the security and use of any user names or passwords needed to access the site or use the web site or any of the services provided by the Website. It is Your responsibility to ensure that, and You agree not to allow or assist any other person without express permission from Veterinary Business Development Ltd, to access the Website, using your account or password.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd will not accept any responsibility in the event another person or persons becomes a user and subsequently exhaust any credits given to You if You are placing and advertisement, without permission from You.
- All Users of the Website who are required to comply with statutory law in order to trade within the United Kingdom, in particular Recruitment Agencies by using this site agree to abide by the Employment Agency and Business Act 1973 and Regulations.
- At each point of data collection or registration Users are given the appropriate means to opt out of having their personal data passed on to selected third parties.
- The DMA (Direct Memory Access) will not pass email addresses on to third parties for marketing purposes.
- If Users do not opt out, the DMA may, in limited circumstances, share such data with carefully selected third parties who may contact Users (other than via email) regarding events, products, services, and training and education programmes that may be of interest to them.
Section 11: Contributions to message boards, forums and chat rooms etc
- By submitting any material to Our Website, You automatically grant Us the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content.
- We are not involved in creating, editing or moderating, users’ contributions posts to our message boards, forums and chat rooms etc. Our message boards are only a means of storing and passing on information, according to the Electronic Commerce (Directive) Regulations, and we take absolutely no legal responsibility whatsoever for any content posted there.
- We may remove offensive posts, without the author’s consent, if We receive a complaint that We, in our sole discretion, consider to be valid.
- We may remove defamatory posts, without the author’s consent, if We receive a complaint that We, in our sole discretion, consider to be valid, in accordance with Section 5 of the Defamation Act 2013, Section 1 of the Defamation Act 1996, or Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
- With respect to 2 and 3 in this section, See our Acceptable Use Policy, below
- If you believe you have been defamed by another user of our message boards, forums and chat rooms etc, you should click the Report Abuse button and complete the form.
- If the Report Abuse button is missing, or does not work, contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
- By clicking the Report Abuse button, or emailing Us about an allegedly defamatory statement, you are following our Complaints Procedure, which is set out here.
- For examples of defamatory comments, click here.
- You may use a User Name message boards, forums and chat rooms etc. However, you accept that We may divulge Your full details – name, email address and telephone numbers – to the courts, a solicitor or any other appropriate authority, on request, if You post anything offensive, illegal or defamatory anywhere on Our site. We cannot in any way guarantee to protect Your anonymity if legal action is taken against You.
- Material submitted by You may be published in any publication or Website produced or published by Veterinary Business Development Ltd and/or may be supplied by Us for publication by third parties at Our discretion.
- You are over 18 years of age and You are the bill payer or have the permission of the bill payer to send Us the material.
- Your email address and password are personal to You and You must not allow anyone else to use them.
- You must not impersonate any other user of the Website or do anything to assist an unregistered user to gain access to the Website.
- You further agree that by submitting any material to Us, You also waive all Your moral rights in such materials and further agree not to contribute any material:
- That is threatening, defamatory, intentionally offensive abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, pornographic, obscene, in breach of confidence, in breach of Privacy; or
- That is discriminatory against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender; or
- That is in breach of any other person’s intellectual Property Rights or breaches any obligation of confidentiality by which You are bound, or
- For which You have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- Which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK; or
- That is in breach of the rights of any third party; or that is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- That is not original to You and You grant Us a royalty-free irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce in whole or in part, modify and adapt such material and authorise others to do so in any media now known or in future developed in any part of the world.
- You also undertake not to:
- Send, distribute or engage in multiple unsolicited emails or messages (i.e. “spams”, “flooding” or “spamming” style activities). Or
- Make any commercial or business use of the Website or post any material which comprises unsolicited advertising promotional or marketing material of any kind. Or
- Set up any links from the Website to any other Website. Or
- Approach any other Users of the site or service to join or become members of any other commercial online or offline service or organisation is expressively prohibited.
- You understand and agree that any breach of these warranties may cause Us damage and loss and You agree to indemnify Us and keep Us at all times fully indemnified from and against all claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by Us directly or indirectly as a result of any material posted by You on the Website or any use by You of the Website.
- We reserve the right (but do not assume the obligation) without notice to remove any material which We in Our sole discretion deem to be harmful, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or to terminate the registration of any person who We in Our sole discretion deem in breach of these Terms and Conditions. This is without prejudice to any of Our rights at law all of which are specifically reserved.
- You further agree that if You knowingly send any material which is technically harmful that Veterinary Business Development Ltd retains the right at its sole discretion to pursue You for all legal fees (including its own and those of any third party), damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of Your actions.
Section 12: Competitions
- We strongly recommend that You read these Competition Terms and Conditions carefully and in their entirety and print and save a copy of them for Your records.
- If You have any questions about these Competition Terms and Conditions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If You do not accept these Competition Terms and Conditions, or are not authorised to do so on behalf of Your business or work, You should not enter the competition. If You enter a competition in the course of Your business or work, You are also agreeing to these Competition Terms and Conditions, and the Rules of the competition, on behalf of that business.
- By entering a competition, You agree to receive details of future related content from VBD and if clearly stated, selected third parties. If You do not want to receive any further information from us then please unsubscribe from Our mailing list.
- Each competition listed on This Site has its own Rules, which should be read alongside and in conjunction with these terms and conditions.
- By entering a competition, either by intention or by mistake, You will be deemed to have accepted the Rules that apply to that competition, and to these Competition Terms and Conditions, and to agree to be bound by them.
- No purchase is necessary for any competition displayed on This Site.
- Only one entry is permitted per household via online route of entry, and no bulk or third party entries are permitted.
- Competitions are open to all veterinary professionals who work in veterinary practices and are residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over.
- Employees of pharmaceutical companies and veterinary companies who provide a service to veterinary practices are not eligible to enter. Neither are employees of VBD, the Sponsors with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents, or anyone directly connected with the promotion may not enter. And their entries will be disqualified if they do.
- We accept no liability for any entry form or other documentation relating to the promotion being lost or damaged in transit. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
- Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry.
- If we run a competition or offer with a Sponsor where that Sponsor is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes, then VBD will not be responsible for, or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes.
- We and any competition Sponsor reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
- The winner of a competition may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility / liability for the prize they have won.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition. The winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by email within 24 hours of the closing date. The winner must respond within 72 hours of being notified. If they fail to do so, the competition will be redrawn and a new winner announced and notified.
- Details of all entries will be kept on a database and will only be passed to third parties to enable analysis or the processing of the competition and prize fulfilment.
- Winners of a competition have the right to refuse the prize as stated for each individual competition but no exchanges or cash equivalents will be granted or correspondence regarding an alternative prize entered into.
- Winners agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites, magazines, or mobile services at any time as a result of the competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in Our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these Terms and Conditions or the intention of the competition. The Editors decision in these matters in final.
- Neither We, nor competition Sponsors can be held responsible for any breakdown in communication systems or networks that may result in a text message not being registered or a text message not being delivered correctly or at all.
- The Editor’s decision is final in all matters relating to competitions, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries that are incorrect, illegible, incomplete, that do not conform to a competition’s Rules, or that are received after the closing date will be invalid and not entered for the competition.
- A list of winners may be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to Veterinary Business Development Ltd, Olympus House, Werrington Centre, Peterborough, PE4 6NA.
- These terms and condition include competitions that We run on Our Facebook page.
- We undertake that all competitions or promotions on this page confirm to Facebook guidelines (https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php). When you enter a competition through Facebook, we will gather and store your email address for the sole purpose of choosing a competition winner.Competitions and promotions that we display on Our Facebook page are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.To the extent permitted by law, we release Facebook from any and all liability, damages or loss incurred in connection with any competition or promotion that we run through Our Facebook page.
Section 13: Software and Security
- We are not responsible for any technical or other issues that may arise if You download software from an external third party Website (e.g. Acrobat Reader) or upgrade Your browser software to enhance Your usage of the Website.
Section 14: Third Party Websites
- This Website provides links to other websites. These links are for Your convenience only and do not signify that We endorse or undertake any responsibility for the content of or any transactions that You enter into relating to those linked sites.
- Use of third party websites is entirely at Your own risk and We take no responsibility for any of the content on those sites.
Section 15: Privacy
Accessing our site
- You can visit Our Website without identifying Yourself or revealing any personal information. You do not have to provide personal information to Use the Site.
- We undertake to continuously monitor Our management of the use and security of consumer information to uphold Your legal rights.
Collecting Your personal information
- VBD will not collect, store or process any personal information about You unless You provide it to voluntarily, and with implied or explicit consent.
- From time to time VBD may ask for and / or, You may choose to submit personal data to VBD (including Your email address and contact details) by filling out a feedback form, or signing up to Our mailing list or otherwise by telling VBD about Yourself or Your activities.We require this information in order to understand Your needs and to provide You with a better service. We will also Use it to send You any information You have requested about future offers, events and new products or related activities that You may find Useful; and for operational, identification, marketing, administrative, advertising and promotional purposes of these, but only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.We will not bombard You with emails, but We would like to keep You informed of the developments of VBD.
- We may also contact You for market research purposes or to give You information about new features on the Website. You will only be contacted if You have previously consented for Us to do so.
- We will never collect sensitive information about You without Your explicit consent. An example of sensitive information would be Your religion or a medical condition.
- If You do not want VBD to collect Your personal data, or sensitive data, please do not submit it, and do not consent to Us Using it, when given the opportunity to choose.
- You undertake that all information that You provide is accurate and current.
- If You are a new customer, We will give You the choice (for example once You have registered Your interest) whether or not You want Us or other relevant and reputable companies to contact You. It is Your responsibility to consider Your decision carefully, before making a decision, and to take legal advice if You are unsure what to do.
- If You choose to register via a Social Network, You acknowledge and consent for Your data held by the Social Network Site (subject to the Social Network’s Terms and Conditions) to be processed and shared via a third party whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area and for such data to be processed by Us.The data obtained during the Social Network Registration may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
Storing Your personal information
- Once collected, Your personal information (data) will be held within the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- Personal information relating to subscriptions for our newsletter, and to single, unique mailshots, is retained by The Rocket Science Group (Mailchimp), who are based in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Their data protection procedures comply with State and Federal United States legislation and international protocols and regulations.For more information contact MailChimp, 512 Means St, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318 USA (email email@example.com).
- As required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, VBD follow strict security procedures in relation to the storage of personal information, in order to prevent unauthorised access or Use of such data.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online. All employees who have access to Your personal data are contractually obliged to respect Your confidentiality.We have put in place technology measures and security policies and procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, improper Use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
- In the event, however, that VBD or its officers or employees are required to undertake any act under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act or similar legislation by appropriate authorities, VBD or such person may be legally obliged to do so without informing You.
Disclosing Your personal information
- We will only disclose Your personal data to third parties except insofar as You have consented to such disclosure, or We are required to do so by law.
- Your personal information will only be Used for the specific purpose for which it was sought and to which You consented. It will not be Used for any other purpose whatsoever.
- Your personal data may be disclosed to other companies within the Veterinary Business Development Ltd group, subject to Your consent.If You do not wish Your personal data to be disclosed in this manner, You should make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If We have or You believe that We have data about You that is incorrect or You wish Your data to be deleted or amended for any reason, or wish to withdraw Your consent for Us to retain it, please email VBD at the address below and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from Our database as You request.
- If You are unhappy with Our response in 4 above, You can ask the Information Commissioner to assess whether the requirements of the Data Protection Act have been met. Write to The Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Seeing the information We hold about You
Section 16: Social Media Platforms
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this Website and its owners participate on are custom to the Terms and Conditions as well as the Privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own Privacy and personal details.
- Neither this Website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms. We encourage Users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact us through primary communication channels such as email (email@example.com)
- This Website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save Your request to share a web page respectively through Your social media platform account.
Section 17: Shortened Links in Social Media
- This Website and its’ owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls, for example: http://tinyurl.com/q6nfxmw
- Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this Website and its owners.
- Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this Website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Section 18: Email Newsletters
- This Website operates an email newsletter, which is a weekly news digest. We also send other single, campaign-unique newsletters from time-to-time.
- Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion.
- Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
- The following information explains Our legal position regarding email newsletters. If You do not agree with any or all of them, You should not sign to subscribe to an email newsletter.
- Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
- All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- No personal details are passed on to third parties or shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this Website.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 You may request a copy of personal information held about You by this Website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If You would like a copy of the information held on You please write to Veterinary Business Development Limited, Olympus House, Werrington Centre, Peterborough, PE4 6NA.
- Email marketing campaigns published by this Website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity, among other things. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
- In compliance with UK spam laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
- Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us whether Our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of Our emails are more interesting to Users, to query whether Users who do not open Our emails wish to continue receiving them and to inform Our advertisers in aggregate how many Users have clicked on their advertisements.The pixel will be deleted when You delete the email. If You do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to Your device, You should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
- Some subscriptions may be manually processed. By subscribing to a newsletter, we are giving your consent to manual processing.
Section 19: Cookies
- Cookies are small text files stored on Your computer by Your browser. They are used for many things, such as remembering whether You have visited the site before, so that You remain logged in – or to help us work out how many new Website visitors We get each month.They contain information about the use of Your computer but do not include personal information about You (they do not store Your name, for instance). This policy explains how cookies are used on Our websites in general – and, below, how You can control the cookies that may be used on this site (please note that not all of them are used on every site).
- You may delete and block all cookies from Our websites but if You do, some parts subsequently will not work.
- Below, You can find out more about the cookies We use on Our websites, as well as information on how to turn off cookies, or change the cookie settings on Your browser.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies.
These cookies are essential in order to enable You to move around the Website and use its features.These cookies will:
- Ensure that Our Website functions correctly
- Facilitate a product selection or track a sales order You have made
These Cookies will not:
- Gather information that could be used for marketing
- Retarget advertising to You on other websites
- Analytic Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use Our Website to help us improve the way the Website works.These Cookies will:
- Provide statistics on how Our Website has been used
- Measure any errors on Our Website and support improvements and test new designs
These Cookies will not:
- Gather information that could be used for marketing
- Retarget advertising to You on other websites
- Personalisation Cookies
These cookies allow Our Website to remember certain choices You have made on the Website so that when You subsequently return, We can provide You with Your personalised settings. These are also used to recommend content We think You will be interested in based on what You have looked at before.These Cookies will:
- Remember Your previous choices You have made on the Website
- Remember if You have previously registered with Our Website
These Cookies will not:
- Gather information that could be used for marketing
- Retarget advertising to You on other websites
- Ad management cookies
Ad Management cookies collect information about Your how You have used Our Website in order to make advertising relevant to You and Your interests elsewhere on the Internet.
These Cookies will:
- Remember that You have visited Our Website and will allow third party networks to use the information to display relevant advertising or other content to You on other websites.
These Cookies will not:
- Gather information that could be used for marketing
- Retarget advertising to You on other websites
- Third party cookies
Social sharing, video and other services We offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on Your computer when You use them on Our site or if You are already logged in to them.If you do not wish to receive third party cookies, please see the following section.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies.
Managing Cookie Settings Through Your Browser
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but You can alter Your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance or You can manually delete Your cookie history whenever You wish. These links explain how You can control cookies via Your browser – remember that if You turn off cookies in Your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
Section 20: Indemnity
- You agree to indemnify and hold Veterinary Business Development Ltd, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, demand, claim or legal proceedings brought or threatened, including expenses of any type suffered or incurred arising out of Your use of the Website or the Services in violation of this agreement, and/or arising from Your use of or conduct on the Website or in use of the services and/or a breach of this agreement.
Section 21: Disclaimer
- This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and Veterinary Business Development Ltd makes no express or implied warranties or representations in relation to it. This included, without limitation, any implied warranties or representations of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, completeness or accuracy.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd shall not take responsibility for any loss or damage arising from, or in any way connected with, Your use of the site or any information contained or derived from it (even when Veterinary Business Development Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage). This includes, without limitation, any damage for loss of profits, loss of information, loss of an opportunity, wasted expenditure or any other monetary loss.
- We are not involved in creating, editing or moderating users’ contributions or posts to our message boards, forums and chat rooms etc. Our message boards are only a means of storing and passing on information, according to the Electronic Commerce (Directive) Regulation 2002, and We take absolutely no legal responsibility for any content posted there.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd shall not take responsibility for the availability or content of any external sites or resources to which it has hyperlinks and might not endorse or approve of any material on sites linked from or to this site. Any reference made by the site to any specific or non-specific commercial product, process or service (or the provider of such) by trade name, hyperlink or trademark, does not denote any endorsement or recommendation by Veterinary Business Development Ltd. The content on the site maybe provided by third parties and other Users. Any statements, services, offers, opinions and advice expressed or made available by third parties (including without limitation information providers, Users and others) are those of the respective distributor, publisher or author and may not be taken for those of Veterinary Business Development Ltd.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from, or in any way connected with, any non-provision of all or any part of the service or site, including without limitation any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, defect, communication line failure, wireless application protocol (WAP) failure, mobile app (iPhone and Android apps) failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of or use of record, Veterinary Business Development Ltd do not make any representation that the site or its servers will remain available to You or are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- Neither Veterinary Business Development Ltd nor any of its employees, agents, affiliates, content or service providers shall be liable to You or to any third party for any damages, whether indirect, direct, incidental, special or consequential (including without limitation any loss of data, profit, contract, opportunity or wasted expenditure) arising out of use of the service or site or an inability to gain access to the service or site or any breach of warranty pertaining to the service or site.
- Veterinary Business Development Ltd shall not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from any event or act beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, war, civil disturbance or act of God.
- VBD cannot and do not give any warranties in connection with any VBD Services and to the maximum extent permitted by law, VBD excludes liability for all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect
- VBD does not review or verify the nature of terms and conditions on offer as claimed by prospective employers in the recruitment section of vetsonline.com, and does not by publication of any such advert imply VBD’s approval as to claims made, or the status or suitability of the business in question as an employer.
- Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, VBD excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify VBD and VBD shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on vetsonline.com and all interruptions to or delays in updating the service; the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of the VBD Services, Submissions and any material contained therein; all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including without limitation conditions implied by law as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this notice would have effect in relation to the content of submissions;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading vetsonline.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from VBD or its licensees
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties (“External Sites”) to which vetsonline.com link and web site located on or through any external site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to ‘cookies’, personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those external sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.